What is Apex?
Apex is a powerful PHP based software platform that allows for the quick, efficient and streamlined development of quality, secure, professional online operations. It's quick installation and modular design allow you to deploy fully customized, robust online systems within minutes, which also provides excellent base systems to begin development of custom systems / packages. The simplicity for the quality is simply unmatched.
Full support for multiple repositories is included, allowing you to easily setup your own public / private repositories if desired. The main public Apex repository is completely free to the public, and includes the base Apex platform plus various base packages such as professional user and transaction management, support ticketing, CRM tools, payment processing, and more. Easily install any package onto any system from any repository within seconds with a simple command. Develop your own packages, and publish them to any existing repository with one command, or easily host your own private repository and publish to it, providing you an excellent platform to sell and distribute your commercial software to your clients.
Here's some of the many benefits Apex offers:
- Quick Installation -- Within minutes deploy a fully customized, professional online operation with your choice of stylish Bootstrap themes, or integrate any theme available on the internet within 30 - 60 minutes.
- Modular Design -- Easily and instantly install and remove packages from any public repository or private repository you have access to / host.
- Excellent Version Control -- Easily develop, publish, and deploy upgrades to all systems with the package installed. Upgrades can be installed with one mouse click from within any system on the internet.
- Standardized Components -- Supports various standardized components (data tables, forms, tab controls, autocomplete, modals, controllers, triggers, etc.) allowing for not only quick and efficient quality development, but also a standardized look and feel across all packages and developers.
- Easy to Learn -- Very simple to use and learn. Shouldn't take an average developer more than half a day to learn everything necessary to develop quality software packages with Apex.
- Secure -- Extremely secure, prevents SQL and file injection attacks, CRLF attacks, secure file and directory structure preventing code injection, uses Bcrypt for password hashes, advanced two-way AES256 encryption in a way that no decryption passwords are ever online and vulnerable to theft, prevents session hijacking, IP restrictions, 2FA via both e-mail and SMS / phone, additional security questions if logging in from a new computer, read-only and write database users, excellent internal ALC (Access Level Control) system, randomized admin URL, optional forced password reset at specific time intervals (eg. every 60 days), automated deactivation of accounts with too many failed login attempts, optionally require users only use strong passwords, automated logout due to session inactivity, and more.
- Simple, Flexible Template Engine --c Very easy, effective, and straight forward templating engine. Simply drop the TPL file into the right location, and PHP file if necessary, and it simply works. No need to define routes, views, controllers.
- Localization Featuresc -- Excellent support for multiple languages, timezones, and currencies. Users can define their preferences, and everything system-wide is formatted to them automatically.
- Repositories -- Full support for repositories, and easily host your own publicc / private repo. Easily add / remove repos from the settings of any system, install packages from any repo, install upgrades published, etc. If hosting a private repo, easily restrict access to only the users / clients you want to have access on a per-package basis.
- Easy Theme Management -- Full theme library is available, and integrated themes can be installed with the click of a mouse, and simply work with your web site. This includes all aspects -- admin panel, member area, and public site. Also very easily integrate any theme available online within 30 - 60 minutes without issue.
- And much more...
There you go, a good brief overview of why Apex is an excellent PHP framework that deserves your time to check it out. If you haven't already, please check out the Quick Start guide to get started, and get your own install of Apex up and running.